Owen Campbell is one of Australia’s premier alternative blues/rock exports with 3 best-selling studio albums, 2 EPs, and over 12 years of national and international touring.
Owen has built a successful career as a touring musician, wowing audiences in all corners of the world from the USA, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, India, and even performing at the highest blues festival in the world, The Himalayan Blues Festival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
With his smouldering guitar work, gritty caramel vocals, and sublime rhythm section, Owen’s sound is best described as alternative blues and soulful cosmic rock.
Owen’s debut album, “Sunshine Road,” was released in late 2013, reaching Number 1 on the overall charts (Australia), knocking Adele off the top spot in 2014.
Soon after Owen released “The Pilgrim” in 2014, “Breathing Bullets” in 2016, and “Rolling Thunder” in 2019, each showcasing his evolving song writing and musical style.
Owen’s international success came with his second album, “The Pilgrim,”. The album charted in several countries, including France, the Netherlands, and Switzerland, and earned him critical acclaim in Europe.
Every one of Owen’s albums has hit the Top 10 on iTunes Blues Charts in over 10 countries.
Beyond his chart success, Owen is also known for his powerful live performances, where he showcases his virtuosic guitar playing, including his impressive slide guitar skills, and emotive vocals. He has toured extensively in Australia and overseas, including in the US, where he has built a dedicated following.
2023 sees Owen touring nationally as well as heading back to the studio to record his 7th studio album.
MAJOR FESTIVAL PERFORMANCES
- Woodford Folk Festival, AUS
- Blues at Broadbeach, AUS
- National Folk Festival, AUS
- Forth Valley Blues Festival, AUS
- Winter Jazz & Blues Festival, AUS
- Wollombi Music Festival, AUS
- Foothills Blues & Roots Festival, AUS
- Rock the Boat, AUS
- Inland Sea of Sound Festival, AUS
- Rock the Boat, UK
- Blues Au Chateau, FRANCE
- Bronze Blues and Brews Festival, USA
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS TO DATE
- 100,000+ Monthly Listeners on SPOTIFY
- Worldwide radio play
- “Sunshine Road” Album in its 10th year in the Top 10 iTunes Blues Charts (AUS)
- 3M + Youtube views of “Sunshine Road”
- 2x albums Top 100 UK iTunes Blues Charts
- “Rolling Thunder of Love” debuted at No.2 on Independent Music Charts
- “Breathing Bullets” debuts at Number 2 on ARIA Jazz and Blues Charts
“A well-honed, ageless style, one that never seems to lose its conjuring powers.”
“By the 4th album he proves while we should still be listening.”
“He propels with explosive anguish and undeniable charm!”
Owen Campbell brings us a sound born and bred in American southern country blues all the way from the Land of Oz.”
Blues Blast Magazine
“One of the best performers to come out of Australia for quite some time.”
Argus News Ireland
“Campbell possesses an exceptional musical personality. You wholeheartedly believe every note he plays and sings.”